Sunday, September 21, 2008

La Bamba Cafe

La Bamba's motto is: "No one can leave hungry." And that was just how it was for lunch Sept 21/08. Five of us made it in before the lunch crowd filled the place. We caught the tail end of La Bamba's Independence Day week long special to celebrate Mexican Independence Day.
Owners Juan Godinez and Fernando Garza opened La Bamba at 1025 Boychuk Dr in Dec 2007 and have been busy ever since. A very worthwhile Mexican experience.


The Ginga, a delicious quesadilla with pastor meat topped with pineapple was filling and tasty.


The Mole con Pollo was also good fare - chicken breast simmered in traditional mole (pronounced molay) sauce.

And if that doesn't fill you up you will be offered all the beans and rice you want.

What was most enjoyable for me was the authentic Mexican atmosphere, fresh ingredients and great attentive service, all at a reasonable price. A fun atmosphere to meet friends and have a few Mexican Beer and home cooked meal ~ the owners mother does all the cooking.

A friend had raved about Negra Modelo beer and so I tried it. I will be looking for it in the local L.C. A dark Mexican beer, it is light with a very minimal fruity after taste. Quite enjoyable and not what I expected from a dark beer.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I like the new blog Julie! We are lucky that Saskatoon has so many great restaurants! Happy Eating ;)

Kate said...

I have heard great things about this place...and never once have I stopped in! I pass it every week on my way over to my sis's place. Must make a point to try it. Thanks!

Juan Godinez said...

Hi Julie, you should try our new Mexican menu at the new LA BAMBA DEL NORTE on Primrose Drive. (Northern Style Cuisine) Ph. 9552625

Blog Widget by LinkWithin