Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Ivy Dining and Lounge







The Ivy Dining & Lounge, 24th Street East opened in 2006 and owner Curtis Korchinski offers a relaxed classy place to enjoy fine cuisine from a varied menu. Their chicken livers, pan seared and simmered in Merlot and balsamic veal jus, are the best I have had.

I do enjoy the Ivy over the lunch hour. They have an
impressive selection of specials and on Fridays it is always fish ~ Diefenbaker Steelhead Trout, Tuna, Mahi Mahi or shark. On my most recent visit my guest and I ordered the Cajun blackened Mako shark. I found the Cajun a tad strong and missed the flavor of the tender shark, however my companion thought the Cajun was perfect.

Besides well prepared fare, excellent and prompt service and a relaxing atmosphere in the middle of a busy day, I know I can count on the Ivy to get me back to work on time even if I splurge and have coffee and dessert. This past visit I tried the recommended caramel brownie with maple ice cream and Bernard Callebaut chocolate. Fabulous!

For that post work distressing in the lounge, try the "relaxer" cocktail.
Works wonder

I would also recommend the Ivy for an enjoyable spot for an evening date, although try to get a table by the window. It can get a little noisy as the place fills.

The Ivy is in the warehouse district in downtown Saskatoon. Parking during the day can mean a walk up the block,
but after 5 pm there is plenty of parking available.

I have also dined at the Ivy with a business group of about 15 and they accommodated us nicely in one of their private rooms. They will also do wedding receptions.

2 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Dear readers,

There have been a rash of quite nasty comments here on the Ivy. So much so that I thought it rather strange but allowed them. One commenter however has suggested that the comments may have been coming from a recently let go chef at the IVY. I was unable to verify this with my stat counter without paying to go back two months however the comments were suspicious.

And so in the interest of protecting the IVY from unfair slander, I have removed these comments.

If you have an honest experience at the IVY you would like to share, please do so. We all look forward to you sharing your experience with us.

Please be aware, that although I can never identify you, I can now find out if comments are coming from the same IP address and I will be watching for this.

Comments are now moderated and I will review them within 24 hrs or less and post them promptly.

And BTW I had a wonderful lunch at the IVY last Thursday (I had the Turkey Avocado Club)and the service was great.

Anonymous said...

The Ivy is excellent! Food is awesome, very different but still amazing! Service is always friendly, courteous and quick. The owner is so friendly and personable. Great staff. I very much enjoy the trendy atmosphere. However, it's still very versitile and caters to all different types. We have held a couple birthdays and get-togethers there, and have always been very pleased! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone... families, singles, couples, business meetings, etc. There is something for everyone!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin