Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bliss Fine Foods

The newest addition to Broadway dining is Bliss Fine Foods. Derek Cotton (owner) and Michael Beaule are award-winning chefs from St. Thomas More College. Bliss opened in August of this year. I visited on October 6 and the place was very quiet – only one other couple although there were four other tables occupied when we finished our meal.

Our server Matthew was friendly, enthusiastic and professional. We quickly settled on an organic Italian Pinot Grigio. The fresh bread from Christie’s Mayfair Bakery was fabulous – we had seconds and should not have because the main course portions were more than adequate. We opted for the giant prawns and the scallops for an appetizer. The prawns were smothered in a tropical sweet & sour glaze – simply delicious. The scallops were also tender and tasty with a crisp pancetta on top.

I ordered the grilled 7 oz Sirloin. It was tender as can be and grilled to perfection. My dining partner opted for the halibut.









We both agreed the halibut was the winner.

And of course we had to share the famous Peanut Butter Cheesecake.

This was so smooth, so creamy, so luxurious…it was…bliss!


The décor at Bliss was rather minimal – a little cold perhaps, which took away from the dining experience for me. The large windows and deli like set up felt a little too casual for my liking.

Will I go back? Certainly – the food is outstanding. Personally though, I prefer a more intimate, warm setting for fine dining.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Congratulations on your 29th anniversary! That is a milestone.

I love the pictures and the reviews you give on this blog Julie....there's only 1 problem. I usually end up looking for something to eat in the fridge because I get hungry looking at all this delishious food.:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin